The school opened in 1814 and closed in 1989 due to having only 17 pupils. After closing as a school, the building was used as the village hall until it was sold at auction in June 2007. The building has remained empty since. An amendment to the previous planning permission for a 5 bedroom house was approved in April 2010. Construction work started shortly after and is expected to be completed by the end of 2011. In addition to the one below, other photographs of the existing building can be found in the "More photos of pre-conversion" page.